Well, here we are! I finally took the dive and started a blog. For almost a year now I’ve been wanting to, and now felt like the right time. For starters let me introduce myself. My name is Jaclyn and I’m from the suburbs of Minneapolis, Minnesota. I adore Minnesota. Yes, the winters are long (much too long), and come February every year I ask myself why I still live here.. but let me tell you it’s SO worth it. Between the beautiful summers at the lake, crisp colorful Autumns, and sparkling Christmas snow, I could never leave. I graduated college this past June, and since then I’ve found myself questioning what I want to do with my life (something I think everyone goes through at this point in their lives). I earned my Bachelors Degree in Graphic Design from The Art Institutes International Minneapolis and now work in the IT department at Medtronic.. complete 180 I know, I know. Although the job I currently do is no where near my “dream job” I like to think this will eventually lead me to a more creative place within the company because it really is a wonderful place to work. Back to why I’m starting this blog.. I’m going through so many changes in my life and think this will be an awesome place for me to capture memories, have a creative outlet, and meet like-minded people. I’m SO excited!
A little about me:
- I have 3 sisters who are my best friends. (no, really we are inseparable… we even work together)
- I have a absolutely wonderful boyfriend of 3.5 years who treats me like a princess and I’m forever grateful for.
- I dream of someday becoming an awesome cook…someday.
- I love exploring outdoors. Most weekends Everett and I find ourselves grabbing a coffee and wandering around.
- I love to read! Send me your book recommendations! I hope to blog a lot about what I’m reading.
- I collect coffee mugs!
I’m so excited to start blogging more!