Today was a typical Monday and I hated every second of it. I woke up after tossing and turning all night with yet again a pounding headache and terrible neck pain, the last thing I wanted to do was go to work and sit at a desk for 8 hours. I have to admit, one of my worst qualities is my negativity. I find myself constantly thinking of all that could go wrong instead of what could go right. Too often I beat myself up about that one tiny thing I did wrong instead of focusing on the twenty other things I did that were good, or had a positive impact. Especially at work. I think the first step to seeking a more positive life is admitting your faults and acknowledging what isn’t working. I envy those people who always are smiling, always seem happy, and always have a positive outlook. Soooo I’ve decided to force myself to write (or in this case type) ten positive or good things that happened when I’ve had a terrible day or just find myself being a negative nancy. So here are my ten for this Monday, & heres to hoping tomorrow is a better day.
- I treated myself to a delicious caribou coffee this morning.
- I finally got my order in the mail from jane.com (love that place) & it’s an adorable ruffle long sleeve shirt!
- It was a beautiful fall day today! So warm for this time of year!
- My cat, Oliver is being extra snuggly today.
- The Voice is on TV right now! Love this show.
- It was a good hair day. (always a plus)
- I rediscovered my love for Jack Johnson & bought 3 of his songs on iTunes.
- I made fettuccini for dinner! YUM.
- The new face wash I bought this weekend seems to be helping my skin. I’ll share it if it keeps impressing me!
- I realized there are only 5 days until I get to see my favorite artist in concert again, KIP MOORE!
P.s. The image in this post is created by yours truly! I hope to incorporate some of my graphic design skills into blogging, let me know what you think!