Hello! This week’s 8 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge! is a fun one!
Week 4: Your home
Home decor is my guilty pleasure. Since moving into my own home back in February I’ve gone a little nuts in the decor department. I just love the feeling of a clean, well decorated home! I can’t be alone on this one!
I feel very fortunate, blessed, and proud of myself for buying my own home at the age of 22. My fiance and I worked our butts off and reached our goal together. When we moved in I knew exactly what “feel” I was going for. Rustic, but classic. Chic, but quirky. And above all COMFORTABLE! So I’m going to share some of my favorite pieces and tips I’ve accumulated over the past 7 months to make your home cozy!
Some of my favorite stores are Home Goods, At Home, Kirkland’s and Walmart. I’ll have links at the bottom if I can find them. Enjoy!
Craving Cozy?! Here are some tips I’ve picked up.
- Pillows, Pillows, more pillows. Don’t be afraid to mix & match patterns.
- Throw blankets. I’m a blanket addict. Blankets give a comforting vibe.
- Mini-Succulents. Add some green! I love these mini succulents to add a little natural element to your home.
- Personal pictures. Decorate with your life! Show off some of your favorite memories. Personal pictures make your house feel more like a home.
- Monograms/Letters. I think these are so cute. It puts a personal touch on things but in a classy way. I have numerous “R’s” in my house 🙂
- CANDLES. This is a must. Making the room smell nice with a candle is always cozy and inviting.
- Natural light. I LOVE natural light. I try not to have the bulbs on as much as I can. For one you’ll save on that electric bill $$$$ and for two it gives a softer, more calming vibe. Nothing I hate more than florescent lights!
Some of my favorites:
Sauder Cottage Road TV Stand – Walmart
Throw Blankets and Pillows – At Home (they have every color pillow you can imagine)
Faux Mini- Succulents – Mine are from target but you can find these everywhere now!
Join in on the 8 Week Challenge!
Week 1: Why start this challenge?
Week 2: Your spouse/significant other
Week 3: Someone who inspires you
Week 4: Your home
Week 5: Your heritage
Week 6: Music you love
Week 7: Something you created
Week 8: Did this challenge change you?
What are your favorite cozy pieces and favorite home decor stores? I love new ideas!