Hi ladies! It’s been awhile. I was not feeling good for a solid two weeks.. I had strep throat that turned into pneumonia, but I’m slowly feeling back to my normal self.
Today I wanted to share how I clean my wedding ring at home. It’s a lot cheaper than taking it to a jewelry store, and works just as good in my opinion! Also; good news is you probably have all this around your house already! Easy peasy. You can do this for any type of ring, it’s gentle enough for any metals! 🙂
- Soak ring(s) in warm/hot water for a few minutes
- In a second small dish, mix hot water with a few drops of plain dawn dish-soap; make sure it’s original scent or unscented.
- Move the rings to the soapy dish and let them soak in there for another minute or two. Next, take a baby toothbrush (extra soft and small bristles) and gently scrub around the ring. Make sure to get under the gemstone, and the band!
- Return the rings to the plain warm water for a rinse.
- This part is important!! Blow-dry the ring on a warm setting to get off all that excess water. If you just let it air dry there will be water spots. Blow-drying it really makes it sparkle!
So there you have it! Easy, and much less expensive than taking it to a jeweler. I clean my rings this way about every two weeks to keep it nice and shiny 🙂
Happy Thursday! One day left, you got this!