Hi ladies! It’s been awhile. I was not feeling good for a solid two weeks.. I had strep throat that turned into pneumonia, but I’m slowly feeling back to my normal self.
Today I wanted to share how I clean my wedding ring at home. It’s a lot cheaper than taking it to a jewelry store, and works just as good in my opinion! Also; good news is you probably have all this around your house already! Easy peasy. You can do this for any type of ring, it’s gentle enough for any metals! 🙂
- Soak ring(s) in warm/hot water for a few minutes
- In a second small dish, mix hot water with a few drops of plain dawn dish-soap; make sure it’s original scent or unscented.
- Move the rings to the soapy dish and let them soak in there for another minute or two. Next, take a baby toothbrush (extra soft and small bristles) and gently scrub around the ring. Make sure to get under the gemstone, and the band!
- Return the rings to the plain warm water for a rinse.
- This part is important!! Blow-dry the ring on a warm setting to get off all that excess water. If you just let it air dry there will be water spots. Blow-drying it really makes it sparkle!
So there you have it! Easy, and much less expensive than taking it to a jeweler. I clean my rings this way about every two weeks to keep it nice and shiny 🙂
Happy Thursday! One day left, you got this!
Happy Sunday!! I’m still battling with being exhausted from having pneumonia. I started medicine on Tuesday & finally feeling a bit better.. but still soooo tired.
So far today has consisted of a nap at 10:00am (hahahah, so me.), grocery shopping, watching Age of Adaline (one of my FAV movies) & now I’m curled up on the couch smelling this delicious banana bread bake.
Even if you aren’t gluten free, this is a delicious recipe you can swap out for regular white flour if you’d like 🙂
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm with a little butter! YUM.
Seriously delicious you guys. Pretty sure the whole pan will be gone by tomorrow. You can’t even tell it’s gluten free!
Let me know if you try it out! 🙂
Ahhhh. Happy Sunday! Does anyone else wish there were more Sundays in the week? I’ve got my coffee, a candle burning, some Vance Joy playing (adore him) & my heart is happy.
Yesterday was the perfect date day with my husband & I just had to blog about it. We visited a small little city on the St. Croix river bordering Minnesota & Wisconsin called Stillwater. It’s one of my favorite places in MN. Its filled with tons of cute little boutiques, antique shops, bistros, & wineries. Best time to visit is in the fall. The colors are amazing! We were so lucky to have the perfect weather yesterday. 65 degrees and sunny on October 22nd in Minnesota is rare! Other years we’ve had a foot of snow on the ground.
We started out with a cinnamon mocha at the cutest cafe + studio + shop called Mara Mi. It’s my absolute favorite. It’s filled with the cutest wedding decor, scarves, stationary, italian soda’s and yummy coffee & pumpkin donut holes.
Totally obsessed with the aesthetic of this store. Everett was laughing at me because I was so happy just sippin’ my mocha and browsing all the cute stuff. After that we walked down to the river, watched the boats float by & people watched. I was amazed at how much diversity we saw! Many people speaking different languages. Stillwater is definitely becoming one of the biggest tourist spots in MN!
After that we got massages (amazing & so needed) & went to an italian cooking class! It was so fun! It was both of our first times going to a cooking class like this so we both didn’t really know what to expect. I definitely want to do it again! We are going to try to re-create the menu because it was so delicious!
Light wash denim: American Eagle
Grey Military Jacket: TJ Maxx- Maxx Jeans Brand
Blush Tank: TJ Maxx
Booties: TJ Maxx
Hope you guys enjoyed this type of post! What did your Saturday consist of?
Happy Sunday! Hope your day is filled with relaxation & coffee!
Happy Monday friends! It was a fall-filled weekend & I was loving every second of it! I thought I’d share my Sunday with you. It was a beautiful day.. just cool enough to wear a flannel but not too cold. I’m telling you; I LIVE for fall in MN. It really doesn’t get any better! Hope you enjoy!
Green/Grey Flannel Shirt: Target
Dark Wash Denim: American Eagle (I swear by their jeans..!)
Suede Tan Boots: Target
Purse: Khols- Nine West Brand
Check out my cute hubby 🙂 ❤ I love doing life with him.
Fall is all about flannels for us. My husband has a closet full.. and my collection is definitley on its way! A MUST have for fall!
These are the moments I will always remember. #BLESSED! 🙂
I’m a sucker for a good face mask. I love trying new ones + also have a few staples that I swear by. I thought this would be a fun + different post. Especially since I recently tried out the new L’Oreal Pure Clay Masks that I’ve heard so much about! Hope you enjoy!
- Que Bella Beauty: Purifying Tea Tree Mud Mask
This is my holy-grail, cant-live-without mask. There’s so many things I love about it. First, it’s only $1.99 at Target! I can get three uses out of one pouch. I just store the remaining in a plastic bag and it stays like new until next time. It has a great clean smell, and gives tingles a bit when you apply it. It has tea tree oil & witch hazel which are AMAZING for acne. I use this every other day when I have a breakout and it dramatically lessens the time the blemishes stick around. It makes your skin soft & feel so clean after you wash it off. I just ADORE this mask!
2. Freeman: Avocado Oatmeal Clay Mask
I also LOVE this mask. However, I use this one as a spot treatment rather than a full face mask because I found out it’s a bit harsh on my skin if I let it sit on my full face for too long. If I have a major blemish emergency I will dab this on the spot and sleep with it on. In the morning, the redness and size are reduced!
3. L’Oreal Pure Clay Mud Mask: Detox & Brighten
This may be my new favorite! I’ve heard SO much about these new L’Oreal Masks & I just had to try it. I picked up the Detox & Brighten one because it has charcoal in it, which is really good for blackheads, which I struggle with. It gives a really nice cooling effect when you apply it & dries up quick which I like. It also has a really nice clean smell to it! I left it on for 15 minutes & washed off with warm water. My skin felt SO soft, I was amazed! This mask quickly made it’s way onto my favorites & I can’t wait to use it more. And I also LOVE the packaging. It comes in this cute little jar.. so easy to store & keep fresh!
Leave me your favorite masks below! I’d love to try some new ones out. #facemaskjunkie