Happy Sunday!! I’m still battling with being exhausted from having pneumonia. I started medicine on Tuesday & finally feeling a bit better.. but still soooo tired.
So far today has consisted of a nap at 10:00am (hahahah, so me.), grocery shopping, watching Age of Adaline (one of my FAV movies) & now I’m curled up on the couch smelling this delicious banana bread bake.
Even if you aren’t gluten free, this is a delicious recipe you can swap out for regular white flour if you’d like 🙂
- 2 cups Bob’s Red Mill gluten free flour
- 4-5 very ripe bananas, mashed
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Lightly grease a 9×5 inch loaf pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Stir in eggs, milk, vanilla, and mashed bananas until well blended. Stir banana mixture and chocolate chips into flour mixture; stir just to moisten. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for at least minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack. Slice and serve warm with a little butter! YUM.
Seriously delicious you guys. Pretty sure the whole pan will be gone by tomorrow. You can’t even tell it’s gluten free!
Let me know if you try it out! 🙂
I’m a sucker for a good face mask. I love trying new ones + also have a few staples that I swear by. I thought this would be a fun + different post. Especially since I recently tried out the new L’Oreal Pure Clay Masks that I’ve heard so much about! Hope you enjoy!
- Que Bella Beauty: Purifying Tea Tree Mud Mask
This is my holy-grail, cant-live-without mask. There’s so many things I love about it. First, it’s only $1.99 at Target! I can get three uses out of one pouch. I just store the remaining in a plastic bag and it stays like new until next time. It has a great clean smell, and gives tingles a bit when you apply it. It has tea tree oil & witch hazel which are AMAZING for acne. I use this every other day when I have a breakout and it dramatically lessens the time the blemishes stick around. It makes your skin soft & feel so clean after you wash it off. I just ADORE this mask!
2. Freeman: Avocado Oatmeal Clay Mask
I also LOVE this mask. However, I use this one as a spot treatment rather than a full face mask because I found out it’s a bit harsh on my skin if I let it sit on my full face for too long. If I have a major blemish emergency I will dab this on the spot and sleep with it on. In the morning, the redness and size are reduced!
3. L’Oreal Pure Clay Mud Mask: Detox & Brighten
This may be my new favorite! I’ve heard SO much about these new L’Oreal Masks & I just had to try it. I picked up the Detox & Brighten one because it has charcoal in it, which is really good for blackheads, which I struggle with. It gives a really nice cooling effect when you apply it & dries up quick which I like. It also has a really nice clean smell to it! I left it on for 15 minutes & washed off with warm water. My skin felt SO soft, I was amazed! This mask quickly made it’s way onto my favorites & I can’t wait to use it more. And I also LOVE the packaging. It comes in this cute little jar.. so easy to store & keep fresh!
Leave me your favorite masks below! I’d love to try some new ones out. #facemaskjunkie