Hi ladies! It’s been awhile. I was not feeling good for a solid two weeks.. I had strep throat that turned into pneumonia, but I’m slowly feeling back to my normal self.
Today I wanted to share how I clean my wedding ring at home. It’s a lot cheaper than taking it to a jewelry store, and works just as good in my opinion! Also; good news is you probably have all this around your house already! Easy peasy. You can do this for any type of ring, it’s gentle enough for any metals! 🙂
- Soak ring(s) in warm/hot water for a few minutes
- In a second small dish, mix hot water with a few drops of plain dawn dish-soap; make sure it’s original scent or unscented.
- Move the rings to the soapy dish and let them soak in there for another minute or two. Next, take a baby toothbrush (extra soft and small bristles) and gently scrub around the ring. Make sure to get under the gemstone, and the band!
- Return the rings to the plain warm water for a rinse.
- This part is important!! Blow-dry the ring on a warm setting to get off all that excess water. If you just let it air dry there will be water spots. Blow-drying it really makes it sparkle!
So there you have it! Easy, and much less expensive than taking it to a jeweler. I clean my rings this way about every two weeks to keep it nice and shiny 🙂
Happy Thursday! One day left, you got this!
Today marks 30 days until I’m a married woman! Honestly seems like just yesterday we got engaged… Where does time go? I wanted to share some of my favorite gift ideas, DIY’s and wedding prep tips. Hope you enjoy!
- Gift Ideas: Personalization!
I love personalized gifts. Here are some I have so far:
Etsy has been my bestfriend through wedding planning. From bridesmaid jewelry to seating chart templates, they seriously have it all. I’ve found so many easy-to-use templates that make having gorgeous hand outs and unique seating charts simple! Most come in different size PDF’s that you populate with your information and there you have it! I plan to share my final printouts when they are complete 🙂
Etsy shop: BlissPaperBoutique
Etsy Shop: Studio Nellcote DIY
- Organize & Keep up on RSVP’s!
You can’t have too many lists. I have multiple lists of the same items and trust me.. I need them all! There are so many helpful checklist books out there. Use them! They have helped me keep on track & plus it’s fun to check off as you go 🙂
Don’t be afraid to bug your guests about returning their RSVP’s! You will want to know an exact number in attendance for multiple reasons. The way I’ve kept track is printing a list of all the invitees, and putting the number attending next to the name.. As they come in the mail I keep it updated.. then you don’t fall behind and end up scrambling last minute for a final number!
Anyone else planning a wedding? What are your tips? It’s been a fun process, but I’m at the point where I’m ready for the planning to be over, and to just be married ❤
Happy Sunday! What a fun weekend. My wonderful sisters and mom threw my bridal shower on Saturday & it was so much fun! I felt so blessed to have so many people come to celebrate the beginning of our marriage. I’m sad it’s over. It’s always bittersweet hitting these milestones during planning the wedding because you only get this one day.. One shower, one bachelorette party, one WEDDING.
It’s all so exciting. I’m blessed to have the most amazing friends and family to help me celebrate this time in my life. Hope you enjoy the pictures, and I hope your Sunday is filled with relaxation and coffee!