Hi ladies! It’s been awhile. I was not feeling good for a solid two weeks.. I had strep throat that turned into pneumonia, but I’m slowly feeling back to my normal self.
Today I wanted to share how I clean my wedding ring at home. It’s a lot cheaper than taking it to a jewelry store, and works just as good in my opinion! Also; good news is you probably have all this around your house already! Easy peasy. You can do this for any type of ring, it’s gentle enough for any metals! 🙂
- Soak ring(s) in warm/hot water for a few minutes
- In a second small dish, mix hot water with a few drops of plain dawn dish-soap; make sure it’s original scent or unscented.
- Move the rings to the soapy dish and let them soak in there for another minute or two. Next, take a baby toothbrush (extra soft and small bristles) and gently scrub around the ring. Make sure to get under the gemstone, and the band!
- Return the rings to the plain warm water for a rinse.
- This part is important!! Blow-dry the ring on a warm setting to get off all that excess water. If you just let it air dry there will be water spots. Blow-drying it really makes it sparkle!
So there you have it! Easy, and much less expensive than taking it to a jeweler. I clean my rings this way about every two weeks to keep it nice and shiny 🙂
Happy Thursday! One day left, you got this!
Hello! It’s only Saturday night, but I had quite an eventful Thursday & Friday, SO I’m calling that my weekend 🙂 I wanted to share an OOTD with you all! This was Thursday night. My sisters, mom & I road tripped up to northern MN to watch our favorite country artist Kip Moore play. It was amazing as always. If you haven’t heard of him PLEASE check him out. He’s beyonddddd talented and just an overall genuine, humble guy.
Friday night we headed back to Minneapolis, and went to his concert there as well! (we are obsessed.. yes.) We were lucky enough to go onto his tour bus with him and listen to his new album coming out in the spring (still convinced it was a dream).
Off-the shoulder cream top: Forever21
Dark Denim: American Eagle
Necklace & Earrings: Target
Boots: Tj Maxx
Ahhhh. Happy Sunday! Does anyone else wish there were more Sundays in the week? I’ve got my coffee, a candle burning, some Vance Joy playing (adore him) & my heart is happy.
Yesterday was the perfect date day with my husband & I just had to blog about it. We visited a small little city on the St. Croix river bordering Minnesota & Wisconsin called Stillwater. It’s one of my favorite places in MN. Its filled with tons of cute little boutiques, antique shops, bistros, & wineries. Best time to visit is in the fall. The colors are amazing! We were so lucky to have the perfect weather yesterday. 65 degrees and sunny on October 22nd in Minnesota is rare! Other years we’ve had a foot of snow on the ground.
We started out with a cinnamon mocha at the cutest cafe + studio + shop called Mara Mi. It’s my absolute favorite. It’s filled with the cutest wedding decor, scarves, stationary, italian soda’s and yummy coffee & pumpkin donut holes.
Totally obsessed with the aesthetic of this store. Everett was laughing at me because I was so happy just sippin’ my mocha and browsing all the cute stuff. After that we walked down to the river, watched the boats float by & people watched. I was amazed at how much diversity we saw! Many people speaking different languages. Stillwater is definitely becoming one of the biggest tourist spots in MN!
After that we got massages (amazing & so needed) & went to an italian cooking class! It was so fun! It was both of our first times going to a cooking class like this so we both didn’t really know what to expect. I definitely want to do it again! We are going to try to re-create the menu because it was so delicious!
Light wash denim: American Eagle
Grey Military Jacket: TJ Maxx- Maxx Jeans Brand
Blush Tank: TJ Maxx
Booties: TJ Maxx
Hope you guys enjoyed this type of post! What did your Saturday consist of?
Happy Sunday! Hope your day is filled with relaxation & coffee!
Fall style is my favorite by far! I feel more comfortable in sweaters & jeans rather than shorts and tank tops for summer. Something about fall is so cozy and calming and the fashion this year reflects that. Vests are a FAV of mine this year. I love how versatile they are. I can throw one on with a plain colored long sleeve, yoga pants & duck boots.. or really style it up with dark denim and booties. A definite fall staple!
Here are some of my favorite outfits featuring vests & denim. ENJOY!
Blanket Scarf: Knit Pop Shop
Maroon Fur Vest: TJMaxx
Maroon Striped T: American Eagle
Dark Denim: American Eagle
Green Military Vest: TJMaxx
HI FRIENDS! I’m back! & I’m a wife!
I’m still playing catch up after the long & crazy eventful wedding weekend, but I wanted to post a sneak peak of our day ❤ I will share more pictures in a bigger post; but enjoy this sneak peak for now 🙂
It was the most magical day of my entire life. We were both amazed with how great everything turned out and I truly couldn’t have asked for a better day. I feel incredibly blessed.
Hello! This week’s 8 Weeks of Gratitude Challenge! is a fun one!
Week 4: Your home
Home decor is my guilty pleasure. Since moving into my own home back in February I’ve gone a little nuts in the decor department. I just love the feeling of a clean, well decorated home! I can’t be alone on this one!
I feel very fortunate, blessed, and proud of myself for buying my own home at the age of 22. My fiance and I worked our butts off and reached our goal together. When we moved in I knew exactly what “feel” I was going for. Rustic, but classic. Chic, but quirky. And above all COMFORTABLE! So I’m going to share some of my favorite pieces and tips I’ve accumulated over the past 7 months to make your home cozy!
Some of my favorite stores are Home Goods, At Home, Kirkland’s and Walmart. I’ll have links at the bottom if I can find them. Enjoy!
Craving Cozy?! Here are some tips I’ve picked up.
- Pillows, Pillows, more pillows. Don’t be afraid to mix & match patterns.
- Throw blankets. I’m a blanket addict. Blankets give a comforting vibe.
- Mini-Succulents. Add some green! I love these mini succulents to add a little natural element to your home.
- Personal pictures. Decorate with your life! Show off some of your favorite memories. Personal pictures make your house feel more like a home.
- Monograms/Letters. I think these are so cute. It puts a personal touch on things but in a classy way. I have numerous “R’s” in my house 🙂
- CANDLES. This is a must. Making the room smell nice with a candle is always cozy and inviting.
- Natural light. I LOVE natural light. I try not to have the bulbs on as much as I can. For one you’ll save on that electric bill $$$$ and for two it gives a softer, more calming vibe. Nothing I hate more than florescent lights!
Some of my favorites:
Sauder Cottage Road TV Stand – Walmart
Throw Blankets and Pillows – At Home (they have every color pillow you can imagine)
Faux Mini- Succulents – Mine are from target but you can find these everywhere now!
Join in on the 8 Week Challenge!
Week 1: Why start this challenge?
Week 2: Your spouse/significant other
Week 3: Someone who inspires you
Week 4: Your home
Week 5: Your heritage
Week 6: Music you love
Week 7: Something you created
Week 8: Did this challenge change you?
What are your favorite cozy pieces and favorite home decor stores? I love new ideas!
Today was a typical Monday and I hated every second of it. I woke up after tossing and turning all night with yet again a pounding headache and terrible neck pain, the last thing I wanted to do was go to work and sit at a desk for 8 hours. I have to admit, one of my worst qualities is my negativity. I find myself constantly thinking of all that could go wrong instead of what could go right. Too often I beat myself up about that one tiny thing I did wrong instead of focusing on the twenty other things I did that were good, or had a positive impact. Especially at work. I think the first step to seeking a more positive life is admitting your faults and acknowledging what isn’t working. I envy those people who always are smiling, always seem happy, and always have a positive outlook. Soooo I’ve decided to force myself to write (or in this case type) ten positive or good things that happened when I’ve had a terrible day or just find myself being a negative nancy. So here are my ten for this Monday, & heres to hoping tomorrow is a better day.
- I treated myself to a delicious caribou coffee this morning.
- I finally got my order in the mail from jane.com (love that place) & it’s an adorable ruffle long sleeve shirt!
- It was a beautiful fall day today! So warm for this time of year!
- My cat, Oliver is being extra snuggly today.
- The Voice is on TV right now! Love this show.
- It was a good hair day. (always a plus)
- I rediscovered my love for Jack Johnson & bought 3 of his songs on iTunes.
- I made fettuccini for dinner! YUM.
- The new face wash I bought this weekend seems to be helping my skin. I’ll share it if it keeps impressing me!
- I realized there are only 5 days until I get to see my favorite artist in concert again, KIP MOORE!
P.s. The image in this post is created by yours truly! I hope to incorporate some of my graphic design skills into blogging, let me know what you think!